Old-school survival horror fans have been waiting for the next game from the creator of Resident Evil for a little while. It's almost here so let's take a look at how much of an abomination your PC will need to be to run The Evil Within well.
The PC version of The Evil Within isn't really asking for anything too excessive, but the 4GB of vRAM is a bit out of the ordinary.
Recommended PC System Specifications
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
i7 with four plus cores
- 4 GBs RAM
- 50 GB of hard drive space*
- GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
- High Speed Internet Connection
Steam account and activation
*It's worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space.
For consoles, all you'll need is a good-sized chunk of space:
- Xbox One — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 4 — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 3 — 7 GB HDD Space
- Xbox 360 — 7 GB
- Note: The Evil Within requires a mandatory install to the Xbox 360's HDD or a USB 2.0 (or higher) flash drive.
You might need some chamomile tea to calm your nerves and a change of pants too, depending on how easily you scare. But those are personal requirements, not ones that your gaming hardware needs to function.