The Dark Below, as it’s called, will bring new missions, gear and a level cap increase to the game.
Courtesy of Activision, here’s the list of what’s included in the The Dark Below:
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions — after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas:
- Pantheon — set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock — an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron — an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, TheUndying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)
The expansion will be available separately for $US20, or as part of the Destiny’s Expansion Pass, on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on December 9. Look below for a couple screenshots of all the new stuff, and check here for Activision’s announcement.