Ultra Street Fighter IV was pretty broken when it launched, but Sony’s trying to patch it back to health. An update is rolling out in North America today, and the full patch details are below.
- Reduce interface lag within menus
- Addressed disappearing projectiles
- Fixed Decapre’s teleport animation
- Fixed Rolento’s audio glitch (during victory screen)
- Fixed missing SFX for Red Focus attack
- Fixed Akuma’s stomp SFX not playing
- Addressed bottom portion of the ON/OFF text being cutoff under the graphics settings in the Options menu
- Removed extra character ¦ that was sometimes displayed in Leaderboards at the end of a player’s name even if they have not set it to be there
- Fixed issue when seeking an Arcade match-up with LAN cabled disconnected and then starting up training results in a message ID being displayed
- Addressed Online IDs not appearing correctly
- Addresses issue when changing the HP bar’s HUD position in Options, the Online ID HUD position does not move with it and is displayed at the default position
- Anisotropic Filtering (AF) changes to decrease blur
- Fixed appearance of white box after backing out of a command list menu
- Addressed Fight Request issue in Arcade Mode
Hopefully, all those changes add up to “good video game that is playable”.