For months, fans everywhere couldn't help but ask, 'what do you DO in No Man's Sky?' Recently, the developers seem keen on answering that very question.
While we gave you some impressions on an E3 demo recently, this deep video dive by IGN is still worth checking out. You'll see some familiar things we've mentioned before — the wanted system, harvesting resources, and so on — in action, which is always nice.
Plus, there are a few new tidbits of information in this footage too, including:
- -The five levels that make up the wanted system, and how to get rid of your wanted levels.
- -How the game tracks your discoveries, as well as rewards you for discoveries.
- -Planets have moons.
- -Ships and weapons are also procedurally generated.
- -You have a jetpack.
- -What the consequences of dying are.
- -Crystals, and why they're a good resource early on.
- -What it looks like to kill enemies/creatures.
- -How you customise your weapons.
- -What happens when your ship is destroyed.
Plus other stuff! If you're at all interested in the game, give it a watch.