Holy moly. There are a TON of hilariously bad if not somewhat broken GTA clones on mobile.
YouTuber Jerma985 took the bullet for us and actually played through a bunch of those mobile knock-offs. You can see him wrestle with and laugh at these games in the video below. SHOCKINGLY, many of these games are terrible.
Here's some of what you can expect:
- Terrible controls that try to simulate a controller or a steering wheel
- Games that cannot seem to load anything more than a few feet in front of the player
- Ads that get in the way
- Half-baked worlds that the player can just fall through
- Stolen assets from other major games
- Inability to steal other cars until you get to a certain level
- Horrible loading times
- The ugliest graphics possible
- Cars that have no drivers
- Horrible radio stations
Really, the list goes on -- but you can't be that critical. This is totally in the "so bad it's good" territory. Maybe that's giving the schlocky games too much credit, though: the humour is probably 99% Jerma985's doing, in the end.