A couple of weeks ago, Destiny players took what seemed like the first steps toward uncovering yet another hidden weapon. Today, the rest of the path has been unveiled, and players can follow the path all the way to a new exotic gun.
As most of us suspected, the weapon in question is the pulse rifle No Time To Explain, an exotic version of the popular Stranger's Rifle from year one. Here's how to get it.
First of all, if you haven't already done so, you'll need to go find all the ghosts in today's daily story mission Paradox. We've already published a guide for that. Assuming you've already found the ghost shell and turned it in to the Future War Cult vendor in the Tower, if you go to Tower today, you should be able to get a new mission from her called "Not Forged In Light."
- Quest is called Not Forged In Light. You have to pledge allegiance to FWC and get reputation for them. You then need to go to Venus and kill a Taken Minotaur which will drop simulation core that you will need to shatter.
- I just shattered the Simulation Core and got a new quest. Need to speak to Lakshmi-2 at the Tower.
- Now you have to do the Vault of Glass and kill Atheon. Killing Atheon rewards you with an Eye that you need to shatter. Currently doing VoG on Normal Mode.
- Currently fighting Atheon. Just beat Atheon and got his Eye. I shattered it and got a new quest where I need to speak to Lakshmi again.
- Got a new quest on Earth,. Shadow at Twilight, must go in there alone. Recommended light level of 270. Need to collect a chest. Chest spawns in random random places
- New quest 'Blood of the Garden' on Mars. Recommend light level is 290. Holy hell that mission was ruthless. Minotaurs everywhere
Got it: No Time to Explain http://m.imgur.com/Y3tR8Ae
First colum perks: Smooth Ballistics, Accurized Ballistics, and Smart Drift Control. Second colum is Full Auto. Third column is Speed Reload, Hand Loaded, and Fitted Stock. Last perk is Rewind Again
My Titan is already pledged to Future War Cult -- I could imagine it'd be pretty annoying for your character to accept a different faction for a whole week just to get this gun. (That said, FWC has some pretty good gear. Things could be worse.)
Update: OK, I've finished the quest. It's not too bad; you'll want to bring a friend for the final mission, but it's definitely no Black Spindle Challenge. The second-to last step -- the solo one -- is a cool little diversion that changes things up in a nifty way. For the final step, you'll want to bring some void guns; you have to continually keep the boss's "anger" up while killing minions until it spawns, then DPS the boss while not getting shredded by all the other enemies. It's kind of a pain, but not too annoying if you bring a friend or two.
The gun itself seems mighty solid. It really is just an exotic version of The Stranger's Rifle. Given how often I still get killed by that thing in Crucible, that's not bad at all.