Maybe you have fantasies of becoming a famous game creator with your own game studio. You should also have fantasies of not sleeping.
This is Akihiro Hino. He is the president of Level-5, the studio he founded and the studio behind Yokai Watch and Professor Layton. He writes, produces, and designs games. He also doesn't seem to sleep very much — something people online in Japan noticed back in 2011.
Like famed One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda, Hino's day is packed (though, Hino seems to have way more meetings).
Here, via Game Majin, you can see his daily schedule:
- Hino wakes up at 7am and goes to work.
- He's in meetings until sometime after noon
- After taking a short break, he has another round of meetings.
- Then, he takes another, break and, then, he's in meetings until around 9pm
- Hino then works on developing games until around 11 or 11:30pm.
- There's another break (I'm assuming so he can go home?), and then he plays video games until 2:30 or 3.
- Hino watches TV or a movie for about an hour.
- He sleeps from 4am to 7am. Then, his day begins again.
That's rough. Try doing that every. single. day. and see how you hold up.
Top image: Level-5