Off Topic: Best Superhero Movie?

Hi friends. I would like you all to kill each other in the comments.

Let's talk about the best superhero movie and why it's the first Avengers movie.

Okay, maybe I'm remember it better than it was, I dunno.

I'm a little over superhero 'stuff' at the minute, but that doesn't mean I didn't like superhero movies at some point in my life.

Here are some of the ones I like...

— The Avengers — The Dark Knight — X2 — X-Men: First Class

Those are some of my favourites. What are yours?

Comments

From Marvel, Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1. From Fox, Days of Future Past (didn't like deadpool). DC, I like Superman 2 (Had issue with the reverse the world thing on Superman 1), TDK and Watchmen

Last edited 15/03/16 12:14 pm

Hopefully it'll be Batman v Superman!

But for now:

• The Dark Knight
    • The Winter Soldier
    • Watchmen
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Iron Man 1

I'm also one of those crazy people that loved Man of Steel, so that'd be on my list somewhere as well!

1) Kick-Ass
    2) Deadpool
    3) Dark Knight
    4) Guardians of the Galaxy
    5) Ironman 1 (the sequels were awful)

Last edited 15/03/16 12:30 pm

In no particular order:

Deadpool
    GotG
    Kick Ass
    Watchmen
    The Dark Knight
    Akira
    Hellboy 2
    Darkman

I also quite liked Super - maybe not the best, but definitely one of the better ones.

The Dark Knight
    Batman Returns
    Deadpool
    The Avengers
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    And I'm gonna throw in Unbreakable as well, just for being a completely different take on Superhero movies.

As far as animated features go, Under the Red Hood wins out for me.

In terms of 'best' as an actual movie (y'know with actual plot development and whatnot):

Kick-Ass, The Incredibles, Batman Begins, Iron Man

For entertainment value alone:

The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Thor 2

Yeah, Kickass would be my #1, followed by The Incredibles.
      Iron Man, Guardians, Watchmen and then probably Winter Soldier, apart from the Nazi computer bit.

The Shadow. There's just something odd about watching Alec Baldwin be a super anti-hero.

Last edited 15/03/16 1:08 pm

Avengers no contest. After that though, probably X men 2/Winter Soldier.

I am part of that rare species of human that doesnt like Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy or The Dark Knight.

Unbreakable! Underrated as a superhero movie.

Superman III - specifically for the scene where Richard Pryor skiis down the side of a building

It hasn't been topped!

Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze
    Without this classic the world would not have been shared the genius of Mr Robert Van Winkle himself, Sir Vanilla Ice when he bestowed the world with his prime creative vision that was The Ninja Rap.
    Seriously if this song was re-recorded by Wyld Stallyns it would bring about world peace

No one has seen Super?

Last edited 15/03/16 3:04 pm

I caught Super a few years after it was released. I dig it. I feel like its popularity was compromised having been released so close to and having so many similarities to Kick-Ass.

Which is a shame really, out of the two i think it has better scenes.

Also Liv tyler, Kevin Bacon, Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page > cast of Kickass.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Search your feelings, you know this to be true

That's not true! Thats impossible!

The line that Vader originally says is:
      "No, Obi Wan killed your father."
      Which I find makes the young Jedi's facial spasm afterwards more likely.

Last edited 15/03/16 7:41 pm

Since nobody's said them yet:

Dredd
    The Crow
    Rocketeer

Dredd was awesome. Completely erased any memory of the Stallone movie from the 90's. Sucks that it wasn't a financial success, because a sequel would have been great.

Especially when the plan was to bring in the Dark Judges... that would have been amazing.

Thinking more about it i think the First Avenger is probably one of my favourites, the story of Cap was done really well and stands out as the most unique of the avengers crop as they cannot really change his story to make it modern.

Watchmen
    The Dark Knight
    Kick-Ass
    X2 and Days of Future Past
    Iron Man

I also love the shit out of The Iron Giant but I'm hesitant to put it under the superhero genre for some reason.

Batman: Under The Red Hood - Although animated and not live-action, it is still in my humble opinion the best Batman movie ever made.

Honourable mentions (in no particular order):
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Nolan's Batman trilogy
    Watchmen
    Deadpool
    The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2 (another animated adaption, not to be confused with The Dark Knight Rises)

At some point I'm going to have to rewatch Donner's Superman movies and Burton's Batman movies. I have good memories of them from when I was younger, but those memories have faded a little.

IRON MAN, you animals. I'LL CUT YOU!

Also, Watchmen. Pretty damn faithful to the comic.

Watchmen is awesome, no question. My only (slight) problem is Rorschach. In my mind he never shouts or shows much emotion in his voice. I remember all his sentences ending in a full stop, never an exclamation point.

I get why there's no aliens in the end.

... Please don't cut me.

Definitely Captain America: Winter Soldier, my favourite childhood comic hero finally done correctly. I also have to mention Dark Knight, a movie that really showed that super hero movies can be more than just silly action films

Sam Raimi's Spider-man 1, &2, Bryan Singer's X-men, X-2 United & Days of Future Past, Iron Man 1, and Captain America Winter Soldier

The dark knight was worth watching for health ledger's performance, but otherwise the film was po-faced and overly long.
    Recent Marvel films are concerned only with ejaculating fan service and post modern irony , nudge nudge wink wink , break the forth wall, insert stan lee here bullshit. All of them. It's tiresome and not nearly as clever as they make out. Referencing popular culture in a rapid fire manner was old hat decades ago.
    I vote for the two burton batman films.. They were fun in a genuine way. What happened to that?

Bat nipples?

My bad, that was the Clooney.

Tim Burtons' Batman doesn't do the voice, isn't an ex-ninja and has danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.

Last edited 15/03/16 7:28 pm