Escape From Tarkov popped its head up a few months ago, however, it looks like it slipped under our radar. If you haven't seen or heard of the Unity-powered first-person shooter, well, developer Battlestate has been posting regular video updates since the game's original announcement. Why don't we check a couple of them out right now?
You only have to watch it for a few seconds before you're hit by the massive S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe. Which, I think we can agree, is a good thing.
The official Escape From Tarkov is more than happy to discuss the game's extensive background story:
Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough. ... Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, "savage" Tarkov locals - Scavs flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups.
It goes on to mention that players will be able to pick from two sides, before heading into the game's "chaos-ridden metropolis" and doing your best to survive.
As for features, well, here's a brief list:
- Story-driven scenario based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer gamemodes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.
- Explore many of the unique and authentic locations of Tarkov city and it’s suburbs: citizen blocks, chemical plant area, AA military base, the heart of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in realtime weather conditions and time of day changes.
- Discover concealed locations - reserved facilities and stocks, sealed TerraGroup offices and underground warehouses.
- Find useful information and items which will help to understand what is going on in the city.
- Cooperate with ex-enemies, change the priorities to unfold the mysteries and escape from Tarkov alive.
- Live through immersive combat experience.
Finally, here's another clip showing off the core gameplay.
Escape From Tarkov [Official site]