Just Make The Spider-Gwen Disney Infinity Figure Anyway, Disney

The surprise cancellation of the successful Disney Infinity video game franchise rocked gamers and collectors when news broke earlier this year. We're starting to see concept designs for what some of the never-produced figures would have looked like and the sight of them just intensifies the yearning for what could have been. Images of a mock-up of a Doctor Strange Disney Infinity figure popped up earlier this week, and today there's a look at a Spider-Gwen that will likely never happen. Face it, tiger; it's time to start crying. Here's the visuals, via Infiniteer Adventures.

Spider-Gwen has been a breakout character for Marvel; the fact that she sports one of the best-ever riffs on the Spider-Man costume design helps a lot. And the 'dead girlfriend as alt-reality heroine' concept struck gold, creating a loyal fanbase that thrills to the clever re-imaginings of established characters in the series' pages.

You'd like to think that, as a mega-conglomerate that likes money, Disney would have the sense to produce the Dr Strange and Spider-Gwen figures anyway. Get them out there as high-priced, con-exclusive memorial editions or something. People would snatch them right up.


Comments

    I'm so sad about this, picked up the last few ones I needed.

    As cool as that figure looks (I'd buy it in an instant), this is pretty much why DI got cancelled. No one outside the comic community knows who the hell Spider-Gwen is, why make a figure of her instead of/before well known/popular characters that people were asking for?
    This figure would've sold to the 1% of older comic fans like myself who actually liked Disney Infinity but the other 99% of Disney's audience would've simply said "Who? Where's my Scarlet Witch?"

    Last edited 26/06/16 1:51 am

      It's a shame Disney couldn't just launch a TV show about Spider-Gwen before releasing her playset for Disney Infinity but what would a company like Disney know about making Cartoon shows.

      That figure looks incredible, given the chance I'd buy it just to own it.

      My kids would of just accepted it at a girl spiderman and been very happy

    The five stages of grief. I had experienced all and was enjoying Acceptance. Now I must go back to Loss. So much loss.

Join the discussion!