The steady stream of free content for Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 continues today with the release of Trials of Gnomus. It’s got a heavy Gnome theme, a Cats Vs. Dinos game mode and a mysterious, well-dressed vendor named Rux the Deal Breaker. Fun!
It continues to amaze me how much work Popcap puts into creating free content for this series. In a week when Call of Duty: Black Ops III releases its final paid DLC (exclusively on PS4 for now), Plants Vs. Zombies‘ answer to the competitive shooter waltzes in and drops a new Gnome Underworld play area, a Gnomiverse XL map, rotating new game types, fresh quests and a ton more. For nothing. And this is an EA studio.
In that same spirit, I will let you all watch the trailer for free.
Trials of Gnomus goes live today across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the announcement post on the official site for more details, or scroll down for the skinny.
- Mystery Portal: Added a Mystery Portal in the Town Hall, where it goes… well that’s a mystery. Come back often to see where it takes you!
- Mystery Portal Chests: Added 3 chests that require rainbow stars to open, each containing unique content
- Super Mix Mode: Added new game mode type that can appear in Mystery Portal
- Rux the Deal Breaker: Rux the Deal Breaker will sometimes appear in the sewers and sell rare and high value items
- New Quest Board Quests: Added some new quest types
- Trials of Eternity: Added the trials of eternity which may or may not test your abilities to the limit
- Added new map
- Added Cats vs Dinos Mode: Cats vs Dinos competing in elimination rounds (Only available at limited times through Mystery Portal) Only playable on the all new Gnomiverse XL map
- Added other surprises n’ stuff….