The Sims 4 was patched yesterday and, big surprise, some of the changes are hilarious. Let's take a look.
- Woohoo or Mess Around with a non-household Sim on a non-household lot will now properly shoo other Sims from the room during said action.
Before this patch, your sims were apparently OK with their partner's family or housemates watching them bone down. Now they're not. Thank goodness.
- Sims should now prefer to sit during the marriage ceremony.
One summer, my parents were invited to three Indian marriage ceremonies over the course of three months. They were family members on my mum's side so it was important that we all be there. For those who don't know, Indian weddings can last a pretty long time — each of these events were around three hours. I was 13 and miserable, and all I can think reading this patch note is, "What if I had to stand?"
- We fixed an issue that could result in a Sim placing their used dishes down outside of the boundaries of a lot, resulting in the dishes becoming stuck off lot. Dishes will now just disappear.
That's right! Your neighbourhood used to have the potential to become a hellscape of unwashed dishes. It seems kind of like cheating to have them just disappear — I hate doing dishes, why doesn't that happen in real life? — but at least your sim's garbage won't just live on the street forever.
- Large and Small Crystals will no longer inform you differently about their Energised Décor moodlet strengths depending on where you read the tooltip.
I keep staring at this sentence and my eyes slide off it. What does this mean? I recognise all the words in this sentence — essentially this says that the crystals your sims put in their home will have consistent stats. But each time I take a closer reading I become more and more amazed. Does this mean that in the world of the sims, crystal healing bullshit is real? I love this game. It is beautiful.
- Sims should switch seats less when there are other nearby seats available.
Hopefully this means that now my sims can now sit down at the same table at the same time. That happened to me during my attempt at making my sims have Thanksgiving, and let me tell you, it was super annoying. Just sit! Just sit down and stay there!
- Gallery items that were uploaded in Norwegian without a description will no longer be non-deletable from The Gallery.
I just love the specificity of this.
- Ordering Lemonade, Ice Tea, or Citrus Swig at a restaurant will now serve you Lemonade, Ice Tea, or Citrus Swig and not just an empty glass.
Imagine this happening to you at a real life restaurant. You want a drink? Fuck you. Here's an empty glass, a reminder of what could have been.