Coming to Smite with the season four update, Such Cold Skadi is a premium skin that is bad and everyone who made it should feel bad.
Before you say anything, watch this.
A couple of years ago I wrote about how much I loved some of the silly skins that the Smite folks come up with. Never mind.
Let's hear from some of the folks responding to the Twitter post featuring the skin video.
- "I'm speechless someone needs to be fired for this"
- "I take back everything nice I said about Smite"
- "dude holy shit, I fucking tightened up from this, this is so sickening LMAO"
- I don't like the doge voice he frightens me
- you don't like the skin if you don't i love the skin because its not serious like all her skins is
- "This video made me age 50 years. My joints are fucked. put me in a home."
- "smite what fucking year do you think it is, god damn"
- "this is the best thing I've ever seen in a game"
While the poster of the last comment in that list has serious issues, the next-to-last commenter raises a good question. The Doge meme, being referenced here, began in late 2013 and was old several months before that. It is now early 2017, suggesting Hi-Rez's sense of humour is roughly three or four years in the past.
Now watch this video, posted to Smite's YouTube in early 2015.
Yes, that's a "parody" of the "Jack Sparrow" song from Lonely Island, released in May of 2011. Again, between three or four years behind. Look for their Trump Odin skin, coming in 2020.
My head hurts.