JoyCon, the detachable controllers that latch onto the Switch tablet, are small pieces of hardware. They're probably easy to lose, if you're not careful. Good thing, then, that there's a feature for that now.
Yesterday, a Switch system update dropped, and it introduced a number of small quality of life improvements. The most notable tweak has to be this one, though:
Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
To access it, simply go to "Controllers" on the main Switch menu, and then select "Find Controllers". From there, you'll be prompted to specify what controller you want to find. Press the appropriate button, and your JoyCon should start buzzing wildly, depending on how long you keep it pressed. It almost sounds like a horn if you keep going:
The wonders of HD rumble. I'm sure nobody is going to use this outside of its intended purpose!
The rest of the patch notes can be found below:
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colours to Invert Colours or Grayscale
Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
- Update connected controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode