In anticipation of Friday's Cats & Dogs expansion, The Sims 4 got a new patch today. Some of these fixed bugs are hilarious.
This patch is a doozy. Not only does it add new Build and Buy options — including new roofs and being able to make objects smaller — it fixes a considerable amount of bugs. Some of them are long-wanted fixes for annoying issues, like teen sims never putting their homework back in their inventory after they finish it. Others are just funny to read about:
- Children will no longer float while drinking the essence from a Cow Plant.
- Playing your old saves should no longer result in a mad rush for the restrooms.
- Sims should no longer weed chess tables near their garden, when attempting to weed their garden.
- Angry Sims with appropriate mischief skill levels, and Evil or Mean child Sims can once again stomp on puddles.
- Angry writers will no longer only have the option to Write Furiously when choosing to Write Genre Book.
- Attempting to complete the Smash Dollhouse whim by smashing a dollhouse will now award satisfaction points upon said smashing.
- Sims should now sit when attending a wedding.
- Instructing a Sim to eat from their inventory, while they are seated with a glass of water, will no longer cause adult Sims to pop up and down, and child Sims to float.
- Now if you are taking a selfie you will be holding a phone.
- We have increased the chance of alien abduction, slightly.
- Non played adult Sims will no longer attempt to purchase child clothing, as it was preventing them from completing the checkout process.
- We addressed an issue that could cause festivals to overlap one another due to the previous festival not properly cleaning itself up.
- Sims will no longer fly away with a spin when choosing to Dream Big from a seated position.
- Birds will no longer fly through the Jasmine Suite Apartments.
- Babies will no longer become invisible in a mirror when picked up by a vampire.
- We closed a hole in the world near the end of a footpath outside of Vlad's home.
Check out the rest of the patch notes here. Make sure to update before Cats & Dogs hits!