Keen to see what Battle For Azeroth has in store, but don't fancy your chances of winning the Blizzard lottery? Then never fear: we've got 500 beta keys to give away as well.
Battle for Azeroth officially drops on August 14, and refocuses the long-running MMO on the only conflict that matters: Horde vs Alliance. The level cap has been boosted to 120, after which point you can explore and conquer the opposing faction's zone if you so choose. Alliance players will start BoA off in Kul Tiras, home of Jaina and Katherine Proudmoore, while the Horde will start in Zandalar.
For a little primer, here's the opening cinematic:
BoA is adopting a new opt-in system for PvP, letting players choose how they want to get ganked - although you'll have to choose this setting in your capital city, so you won't be able to flip a switch if you change your mind and suddenly want to jump on an isolated enemy.
Here's the full feature list:
- Explore Two Fabled Kingdoms: As a champion of the Horde, travel to the Zandalar empire to persuade the trolls to lend their naval might. As a defender of the Alliance, venture to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
- Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favour of the Highmountain tauren, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
- Plunder the Islands of the Great Sea: Scour Azeroth's myriad uncharted Islands and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders - or enemy players - to collect each island's resources and fuel the war effort.
- Charge Into the Warfronts: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction's forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
- Infuse Your Armour with Titanic Might: Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Legion's wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth — a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard - with Azerite to customise your armour with new powers and traits.
- Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels - then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
- Instantly Boost to Level 110: Enter the raging conflict between the Horde and the Alliance prepared to survive on the front lines of a vicious new war.
- Connect Through Communities: Join up with WoW® players who share common interests in persistent cross-realm Communities. Share strategies with members of your class, fraternize with auction house magnates, talk shop with fellow tailors, and expand your social circles.
Now, how do you grab one of those keys?
All you have to do is tell us in 75 words or less your favourite conflict in the entire Warcraft universe. Can be a Warcraft 3 fight that spilled over into World of Warcraft; it can be something from the lore; it can be something from the original RTS game. You have until Wednesday 10:29am AEST, June 27 to enter.
We'll select the winners over the next week, and Blizzard will email out the winners through the email attached to your account. So make sure you're commenting from a legitimate email, otherwise you'll miss out.
Terms and conditions can be found here.