CineCosu Studios’ series of reimagined Sailor Moon settings continues with this third, very cool instalment: Goth Sailor Scouts.
“To that end,” CineCosu’s Dominique Zamora tells Kotaku, “we borrowed motifs from witchy media like American Horror Story: Coven and The Craft to create something dark, creepy, and hopefully, powerful.”
The same cosplayers from the last two shoots have returned — Stella Chuu (Sailor Moon), RiotJynx (Mercury), Hendoart (Mars), Akemi101xoxo (Jupiter) and MaidofMight (Venus) — but they’re now joined by a greatly expanded cast, as js_cosplay (Chibi Moon), milynnsarley (Pluto), riansynnth (Neptune), sushimonstuh(Uranus) and marikocosplay (Saturn) cosplay as the Outer Scouts.
Capturing so many cosplayers in the one shoot in one day took a Herculean effort, with 14 photographers and assistants teaming up so that each girl was working with a different photographer every 15 minutes.
The end result is the photoshoot (and video!) you see below, which is one of the coolest things we’ve ever got to feature here on our cosplay site.
And before we go, here’s the full list of photographers and crew who made it all happen:
- Director/Videographer: Dominique Zamora
- Producer/Photographer: Justin Element
- Photographer: Topher Oriel
- Photography Assistant: Charles Lan
- Videography Assistant: Rey Cabato
- Production Manager: Marvin Sola
- Production Assistant: Ken Calalang
- Additional Photography 1: Marvin Gregorio
- Additional Photography 2: Gil Riego
- BTS Photographer: Gerard Lin
- BTS Videographer: Richard Rolland
- Handlers: Mel Capperino-Garcia and Monster Poh
- Venue Manager: Yani Pohl
- Editing by Dominique Zamora and Topher Oriel
- Produced by CineCosu Studios