I've always had a soft spot for the DiRT series, or at least the iterations that spent more time on rally than the X Games-themed mania. So for those with a similar preference, or the more serious drivers who preferred DiRT Rally's less stringent rally handling, this week offers good news.
DiRT Rally 2 drops in a few days, and alongside that for major releases is Dead or Alive 6. It'll be interesting to see how that goes with the FGC this year, although Smash Ultimate and Dragon Ball Fighter Z are unlikely to be dethroned as the major titles.
Beyond that, there's a new LEGO Movie game out, a top-down shooter based on the Emu War, Stellaris drops on consoles, Undertale's deltarune expansion hits the Switch and, out of nowhere, there's a new Toe Jam & Earl game.
So still a busy week, just not quite as flashy.
- DiRT Rally 2 (PC, PS4, XBO)
- The Great Emu War of 1932 (PC)
- Little Mouse's Encyclopedia (PC)
- Ridiculous Rugby (PC)
- Trials Rising (PC, PS4, XBO)
- 8-Bit Invaders (PS4)
- The LEGO Movie 2: Video Game (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Pixel Devil and the Broken Cartridge (Switch)
- Skyhill: Point'n'Survive (Switch)
- Undertale: deltarune Chapter 1 (Switch)
- Ninja Village (Switch)
- Battlloon (PC, Switch)
- Anodyne (Switch)
- Tardy (Switch)
- Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (Switch)
- Constructor Plus (Switch)
- Void (Switch)
- Rad Rodgers Radical Edition (Switch)
- RemiLore (Switch)
- Dead or Alive 6 (PS4, XBO)
- Wall Street Tycoon (PC)
- Stellaris: Console Edition (PS4, XBO)
- Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (XBO)
- Fimbul (XBO)
- Awesome Pea (XBO)
- Creepy Road (XBO)
- Treasure Stack (XBO)
As for the trailers this week, we'll begin with the console features on Stellaris, which worked surprisingly well when Laura gave it a spin at Gamescon.
See anything that catches your eye this week?