Making plans for the weekend? Then they should probably include Evangelion, because the seminal series is hitting Australian Netflix today.
This Friday — usually around dinner time, if previous Netflix releases are any indication — all 26 episodes of the original Neon Genesis hits the global streaming service. Along with those, Evangelion: Death True2 and The End of Evangelion are available to stream worldwide.
Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to Netflix in the spring of 2019, making it available to watch worldwide without pirating it or shelling out hundreds of dollars for an out-of-print box set.
It’s a show that’s had a huge impact on me, and one I ultimately find more interesting than strictly enjoyable. Despite its depressive tone and meandering plot, it’s worth watching for anyone interested in anime as an art form.
Netflix hasn't officially confirmed whether they'll allow fans to set options to forcibly watch the intro and outro for every episode. But just to get you warmed up for the end of the week, here's the official opening theme, and every variation of Fly Me To The Moon in the original ending.
In case you're curious, here's the full list of who does what Fly Me To The Moon cover in each episode:
- Episode One ED- Normal / Claire
- Episode Two ED- Normal (w/o strings) / Claire
- Episode Three ED- Normal / Yoko Takahashi
- Episode Four ED- Normal (w/o strings) / Yoko Takahashi
- Episode Five ED- Rei #5
- Episode Six ED- Rei #6
- Episode Seven ED- 4 Beat / Yoko Takahashi
- Episode Eight ED- Aya Bossa Techno
- Episode Nine ED- Asuka Bossa Techno
- Episode Ten ED- Asuka Main (w/ chorus) / Normal Orchestra
- Episode Eleven ED- Rei, Asuka, Misato Version / Normal Orchestra
- Episode Twelve ED- Misato Main (w/ chorus) / Normal Orchestra
- Episode Thirteen ED- Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa
- Episode Fourteen ED- Rei Solo / Normal Orchestra
- Episode Fifteen ED- Misato 4 Beat
- Episode Sixteen ED- 3 Person Vocal interlude starts - towards the end / Normal Orchestra
- Episode Seventeen ED- Aki Jungle
- Episode Eighteen ED- B-4 Guitar - Piano
- Episode Nineteen ED- 3 Person Vocal (singing in turns) Normal Orchestra
- Episode Twenty ED- B-4 Piano
- Episode Twenty-One ED- (Video Version) 4 Beat (off)
- Episode Twenty-Two ED- (Video Version) Bossa Techno (off)
- Episode Twenty-Three ED- (Video Version) Rei #23
- Episode Twenty-Four ED- (Video Version) Normal (off)
- Episode Twenty-Five ED- Rei #25
- Final Episode ED- Rei #26