The Nintendo Switch Lite has just been announced and, if you've been holding out for a new Switch under $300, I've got bad news.
As announced late on Wednesday evening, the Switch Lite will retail in Australia for $329.95. It'll come in three colours: turquoise, yellow and grey.
The Switch Lite, which is designed to be used exclusively in handheld mode, is also a fraction smaller. There's also no HD rumble or IR motion camera. Here's the full specs:
- Size: 91.1mm x 208mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached)
- Weight: Approx. 276g
- Screen Capacitive touch screen / 5.5 inch LCD / 1280x720 resolution
- CPU/GPU NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
- System memory: 32 GB
- Audio: supports linear PCM 5.1ch
- Speakers: Stereo
- USB Type-C terminal
- Headphone mic. jack, stereo output
- Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 3570mAh
- Battery life: Approximately 3 – 7 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours approx (charge while in sleep mode)
For those looking to play games on the Switch Lite that don't support handheld play, Nintendo says players can play those game via wireless controllers:
For games that do not support handheld mode, players can wirelessly connect compatible controllers (sold separately) to Nintendo Switch Lite. If using separate Joy-Con controllers, users will need to have a device to recharge them, such as the Joy-Con Charging Grip.
The Switch Lite will be available in Australia from September 20.
Correction: Specs updated for accuracy — apologies for the error.