This week we use a chain to fight the power, try to figure out what’s going on with Chris Redfield’s face, check out a ton of new PS5 games, discuss the role of police in games and visit the ugliest castle in video game history.
Great Kotaku Content From The Past Week
The depiction of police in video games has taken many forms over the years. Officers might appear as antagonists exemplifying corruption and violence, or as benevolent forces doing their best to protect and serve. Recent weeks of protests against police brutality and racism have upended video games' ability to depict...Read more
It’s not just TV and movies that have problems with their portrayals of cops. Games have a long history of showing cops as selfless, honorable heroes.
Chris Redfield is an amorphous blob. The veteran Resident Evil protagonist seems to fill whatever shape Capcom needs at the time, resulting in several drastically different appearances across the franchise. With yesterday's reveal of Resident Evil Village, we've been treated to a glimpse of how Chris will be carrying himself...Read more
Chris, buddy, you doing alright?
The sound design in Clubhouse Games is possibly some of the best this generation. I love the way cards shuffle and dice rattle.
Please enjoy this photo of Philip Seymour Hoffman playing Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II for the Nintendo Gamecube pic.twitter.com/uHqeugUrvJ
— Bossk Landers (@DurgeDiggler) June 12, 2020
Thank you, I did enjoy this.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE pic.twitter.com/bQxzzwZ0Iq
— Inside Bran (@branflakeassMAN) June 9, 2020
If you kneel in front of the cops while holding a special pearl in just the right spot, you unlock the ability to defund them.
peach has a tacky castle, kindergarten looking ass disgusting pic.twitter.com/lpsCiv0HQe
— Lulu???????? ????☠️ (24/975) (@luulubuu) June 9, 2020
Peach, you need to hire some interior decorators.
- NYC Prisoners Given $US15 ($22) Bootleg Game Boys
- Chivalry 2 Will Allow Crossplay Between PS5, Xbox Series X, And Other Consoles
- Wizards Of The Coast Bans 7 Racist Magic: The Gathering Cards
- Racist Spam Bots Are Running Rampant In Team Fortress 2
- EA Brings A Bunch More Games To Steam
- Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming To PS5
- Demon’s Souls Is Being Remade On PS5
- Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel Forbidden West Is On PS5
- Resident Evil 8: Village Announced By Capcom
- Gods & Monsters Accidentally Goes Live On Stadia For 30 Minutes
- Riot Games Executive Resigns Following “Abhorrent” George Floyd Comments
- Call Of Duty‘s Battle Royale Adds Random Event That Resurrects Everybody
Trailers & Videos From The Past Week
Is that an X-Wing I see….(It’s not.)
I wasn’t that interested in this game and now suddenly I want it very badly.
The Ratchet & Clank reboot on PS4 is one of the best action platformers made in the last decade. So I’m a little excited about this.
Death Stranding called, it’s suing you.
I’m going to give Wasteland 2 a second chance. I tried it once on console and I hated it. But maybe on PC…