This week on Morning Checkpoint we remember the launch of the PS2, make bananas into controllers, discuss the future of Twitch, check out what’s happening with Hitman 3 this month, find out what game died this week, and stop buying movies on the PlayStation Store.
Great Kotaku Content From The Past Week
CodeMiko is nervous. I can tell because she tells me. “This is, like, my first interview ever,” she says over a Discord call. “I’m sorry, I’m a little shy.” It’s December of 2020, and Miko’s entire life is about to change.Read more
This was one of our biggest stories this week, so you probably already read it. BUT if you haven’t sit down and enjoy.
I’m turning to dust.
Gamers love making weird shit into controllers, including but not limited to pomegranates, light sabers, bananas, and bread. Apparently, Sony wants to get in on that action, according to a patent recently surfaced by GamesIndustry.biz that details a method for turning household objects into controllers.Read more
Come for the story, stay for one of the weirdest photos that we’ve ever created in Kotaku history.
The Sinking City developer Frogwares has publicly accused former publisher Nacon of pirating the Lovecraftian adventure game for its recent re-release on Steam, the arrival of which put the Ukrainian studio in the weird position of asking potential customers not to purchase its own game last week.Read more
This story continues to make me go “Wait, what?!”
News From The Past Week
- Bored Fugitive Caught By Police After Venturing Out To Buy Call Of Duty
- Report: New Nintendo Switch With 4K Output, OLED Screen Will Release Before Christmas
- Epic Games Buys Fall Guys Studio
- Players Are Farming The Heck Out Of The Outriders Demo, So The Devs Are Nerfing It
- Diablo II: Resurrected Will Work With Your Decades-Old Saves
- Hogwarts Legacy Developer Quits Following Backlash Over YouTube Channel
The Navy turned off text chat for today’s ‘Women of Warzone’ boot camp Twitch stream, so some viewers took to spamming the chat with bomb and fire emojis instead.Read more
- Valve’s Card Game Is Officially Dead
- Comic-Con 2021 Has Been Cancelled
- Report: Florida Super Nintendo World Delayed To 2025
- Man Charged, Banned From FIFA After Sending Racist DMs To Actual, Legendary Player
- 5TH Cell’s Latest Is A Bite-Sized Deck-Building Game You Can Play Right Now
- Zynga Buys Torchlight Studio Echtra Games
- PlayStation Store Will Stop Selling Movies Nobody Bought
Trailers And Videos From The Past Week