Black Friday 2021 is here, but it’s probably a safe bet that very few deals will top this one. You can currently pick up a yearly PlayStation Plus membership card for $53.30, down from a typical $79.95.
If you own a PS4, there’s a very good chance you already have a subscription – so you know how good a deal this is. If you aren’t familiar with this service, the PlayStation Plus collection is basically a series of “best hits” for the PS4 and PS5 that all subscribers can access as long as they have a Sony console ( you’ll need a PS5 to play PS5 titles, however).
The list of games includes Fallout 4, Monster Hunter World, Persona 5, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, Battlefield 1, Bloodborne and some other very, very good titles. Some of them are already taking advantage of the PS5’s extra power, too, and new games are added to PlayStation Plus every month too.
To put it another way: $53.30 gets you 20 games to immediately add to your PS4 or PS5 library. Hell, $53.30 is worth it alone for God of War or Persona 5 still.
It’s worth reiterating that the subscriptions naturally work with your PS4 as well, and the service carries over between consoles. So if you’re waiting for your PS5 to arrive, you can still grab the PlayStation Plus 12-month membership code now, you don’t have to activate it until you fire up your PS5, if you like. You can also just use the membership code to add on to your existing subscription as well.
So along with the free games, and having access to online multiplayer, there’s plenty of reasons to make sure you have a PlayStation Plus subscription. If your current PlayStation Plus subscription is about to expire and you were getting ready to renew it, this deal couldn’t have come at a better time.
You can pick up the PlayStation Plus deal here.
On top of this PS Plus deal, there’s a stack of PS5 titles currently on sale too. You can check out those bargains here:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – now $34.65 (down from $99.95)
- Back 4 Blood: Deluxe Edition – now $69 (down from $149.95)
- Deathloop – now $38 (down from $99.95)
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut – now $54 (down from $79.95)
- Far Cry 6 – now $58.95 (down from $99.95)
- Far Cry 6: Gold Edition – now $84.95 (down from $149.95)
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut – now $76 (down from $124.95)
- Hades – now $32.40 (down from $49.95)
- Lost Judgment – now $59 (down from $99.95)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales – now $52 (down from $94.95)
- The Nioh Collection – now $64 (down from $124.95)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – now $59 (down from $124.95)
- Returnal – now $77 (down from $124.95)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure – now $54 (down from $109.95)
Check out the rest of Kotaku Australia’s Black Friday 2021 coverage here.
This article has been updated since its original publication.