Gary Gygax, biological determinist and creator of Dungeons & Dragons, once told a reporter for Icon magazine that "gaming in general is a male thing... Everybody who's tried to design a game to interest a large female audience has failed. And I think that has to do with the different thinking processes of men and women."
Tagged With book review
We here at Kotaku are big fans of the high school death game/courtroom drama of Danganronpa. But the two games out right now are not the whole story. There is also a duology of prequel light novels called Danganronpa Zero. And if you enjoyed either of the games even a little, you really must read them.
Nintendo didn't just dominate the American video game industry in the late '80s. It was the video game industry. As the 1990s began, Nintendo held a stranglehold on 80 per cent of the market, a statistic made all the more impressive when you realise that the other 20 per cent was split among three different competitors. The most promising of these was a scrappy little upstart called Sega.
Picture it: A beautiful, 18th-century city with a dark underbelly. The labyrinthine streets are faintly lit by alchemical light, and gangs of thieves and cutthroats roam the lower quarters and canal-ways. High above, Dukes and Dons attend gala society parties, far away from the plague-ridden quarters below.