For people over the age of 10, this year's Spider-Man movie reboot seems to have emerged rather quickly. Wasn't it just a decade ago that we got the last "first" Spider-Man movie? It was. Well, technically, it's been 3714 days, which is closer to 10 years and two months.
I'd like to tell you when the next 10 Spider-Man re-boots will be:
- Spider-Man (re-reboot) - September 3, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-reboot) - November 3, 2032
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-reboot) - January 4, 2043
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-reboot) - March 6, 2053
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - May 7, 2063
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - July 7, 2073
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - September 7, 2083
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - November 7, 2093
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - January 9, 2104
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - March 11, 2114
The only thing more depressing than the prospect of there being 10 more Spider-Man movie re-boots is that I probably won't be alive to avoid seeing all of them.
There is, of course, some hope. You noticed, I'm sure, that this reboot happened way sooner than it needed to. Don't we usually go about 20 years between reboots and remakes? At least? We've gone 10 this time, which raises the possibility that maybe the Spider-Man movies will be released in the same in some sort of asymptotic, Xeno's Paradox-style quickening pace, each reboot happening in half the amount of time as we had expected, regardless of how our expectations happened. If this is the case, the next reboot won't happen in 10 years (3714 days, I mean). It'll happen in five years. The one after that will happen in 2.5 years. Etc.
I present to you a schedule of the next 10 Spider-Man reboots in what we can call the half-life method of movie reboots:
- Spider-Man (re-reboot) - August 3, 2017
- Spider-Man (re-re-reboot) - February 18, 2020
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-reboot) - May 28, 2021
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-reboot) - January 16, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - May 13, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - July 11, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - August 10, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - August 25, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - September 2, 2022
- Spider-Man (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reboot) - September 6, 2022
Oh, I can't stop that list there. The next one (the 12th reboot, including this year's) would be on September 8, 2022. The 13th reboot would be on September 9, 2022. So would the 14th, 15th and the rest of them, Spider-Man re-boots would begin to occur within the same hour, then within the same minute, then the same second. We'd wind up with some sort of Spider-Man movie singularity.
Who's excited for more Spider-Man?
(This post would have been much harder to write without the date-calculating widgets of TimeAndDate.com.)