Want to turn your PS3 games into PS4 games? It's not hard. You just have to follow these steps.
Today PlayStation Access released a cute video about the upgrade process, which might not be available for every cross-gen game, but has been confirmed for some, like Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV, both announced for current-gen and next-gen systems. You can buy both games on PS3, then pay a little extra ($10) to play them on PS4 too.
Keep in mind the video is British: you obviously won't have to pay in pounds if you live in Australia.
And via Sony, here's a step-by-step text walkthrough:
- Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or log in to PlayStation Network using your existing PlayStation Network ID account).
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3 system home screen.
- Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu.
- Step 4: Enter the voucher code ("Code") exactly as it appears on the voucher.
- Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box.
- Step 6: Select 'Confirm' to accept the Terms of Service.
- Step 7: Select 'Continue' to complete Code redemption.
- Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4 system, you can proceed with the next step.
TO DOWNLOAD PS4 VERSION OF GAME:
- Step 1: On your PS4 system, register the PS4 system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
- Step 2: Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system home screen.
- Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select 'Purchase' to download digital version of the same game to your PS4 system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
- Step 4: Insert the PS3 game disc into your PS4 system**.
**PS3 game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4 system.
See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.
- Step 1: Buy or pre-order the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
- Step 2: In PlayStationStore or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from the PlayStationStore.
- Step 3: Buy or pre-order the PS4 digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.
Easy enough, right?