Sneaky sneaky, Atlus, spreading your preorder/early adopter bonus across two games. Fans who pick up the upcoming Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth for the 3DS get the second half of a set of Persona 4-themed tarot cards. The first half? That’s the fightin’ half.
In order to collect the entire set of Persona 4 tarot cards, based on the cards used as invokers in the original role-playing game, fans will have to score both Persona Q for the 3DS and a copy of Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax, the enhanced version of the fighting game, coming in September to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. How very tricksy.
Fortunately, Persona fans are the sort who’ll buy everything Persona anyway. I know this because I buy everything Persona anyway. I’m so eager to buy new Persona games that I’m purposefully avoiding telling you folks about the extremely limited Wildcards Premium Edition, so I can gather the $US80 needed to purchase it before they sell out. Wait…
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: “The Wild Cards” Premium Edition:
- This ultimate collector’s item is being made available in North America and will come in special packaging that includes the following items:
- Tarot Card Set #2 – Same as above
- Art Booklet – Collection of some of the amazing new artwork that went into Persona Q
- Soundtrack CD – CD with the Persona Q soundtrack highlights by the ATLUS sound team
- Deluxe Hard Case for 3DS XL – This hard case, previously available only in Japan,is coming to North America and features Persona Q designs and will house a 3DS XL
Oh well, there’s that. The announcement says preorders are open at the official website, but I’m not seeing them. You should just give up.