There's no Mac version of Stardew Valley (yet), but that's no problem. The official word on Stardew Valley coming to Mac is that it's contingent on sales. Given how popular the game's become, there's reason to think there will be a version for Mac (and Linux) in the future.
But what about today? Or tomorrow? Fear not!
Faced with the possibility of being away from my farm for a few days thanks to an Easter trip, I started looking into some way of continuing to play Stardew Valley on my Macbook Air. It didn't take long for people to point me towards a message board thread that promised salvation.
Wine is a piece of software that, in sort, lets you run Windows applications on non-Windows machines, such as a Mac. It's not exactly user friendly, but thankfully, someone more technically minded has done the dirty work.
1. Downl333oad the wrapper here: https://www.mediafire.com/?cktru580l85r1...
2. Unzip the file
3. Double-click the file
4. After opening the wrapper, select Advanced, click Tools, and then Winetricks
5. Select the following to install (all can be found in the dlls section) and then press Run:
6. Close the Winetricks window (if open), and click Configuration on the Wineskin window
7. Use the Install Software button, select Choose Executable, and then point it to a downloaded copy of SteamSetup.exe you obtained from www.steampowered.com clicking on the Windows button under the green install button, or by using this direct link: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/install...
8. Sign into Steam
9. Download Stardew Valley
10. Run Stardew Valley
11. Click through any errors or install prompts that pop up. There is one regarding a Directx library not being found and then a brief install of xna, but then it should be smooth sailing after that.
12. Once the game is confirmed running properly, quit Stardew Valley and Steam
13. On the Wineskin window in the Windows EXE field, either press browse and find the Steam.exe yourself, or copy this into the "Windows EXE" text field: /Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe
14. You can now exit the wrapper and open the game normally by double-clicking the wrapper
15. Play the game! Love the game! Spend "too many" hours playing the game!
While this might seem a little complicated or long at first, it's really quite easy and painless, and you'll be playing the game in less than 20 minutes.
Since it's technically the PC version of the game running on your Mac, the save files are compatible between machines. Whatever time and effort I'm putting into my farm on the Mac syncs right up with my PC. It's awesome.
Happy farming! Make sure to read Patricia's great tips post for the game.