What do you do after founding and retiring from one of video games' most successful development houses? If you're Naughty Dog co-founder Andy Gavin, you write books.
The first of said books is The Darkening Dream, a shadowy fantasy novel about a young girl caught up in a battle that pits ancient supernatural forces like vampires and Egyptian gods against each other. On his personal website, Gavin notes the following reasons to pick up the book:
- It's only $US2.99 — but the price might go up soon.
- You loved Crash Bandicoot.
- You loved Jak & Daxter.
- I was a great boss, friend or co-worker.
- My vampires don't sparkle.
- There are several beheadings.
- The book includes a "cesarian by vampire scene".
At least one of those reasons should work for curious readers, no? Those who prefer print over the ebook edition will have to wait a few weeks for physical copies. Click the links below for more information on Gavin and The Darkening Dream.
The Darkening Dream [Amazon]
The Darkening Dream [Official Site]