Each year, the Independent Games Festival rounds up standout games made by solo developers and smaller teams, awarding prizes to the best. The nominations for the 2014 calendar were announced today and, no surprise, they’re all titles that are worth your time. Here’s how you can play the titles in the running for the Grand Prize.
The games nominated for the Seamus McNally award are among last year’s most-buzzed about releases but haven’t always had big marketing pushes behind them. If you haven’t heard of them, then you’re missing out on very good game-making. You’ll want to take a look at the rest of the games on the full IGF nomination list, too. Independent games consistently present some of the freshest, most clever play experiences year-in, year-out. You want to play these games and these links have info about how/where to play the IGF Grand Prize finalists:
- 80 Days (available for iOS, Android and Amazon devices)
- Invisible Inc. (on Steam Early Access)
- Outer Wilds (free in-development builds for Windows, Mac and Linux)
- The Talos Principle (available on Steam)
- Metamorphabet (coming soon to iPad and desktop)
- This War of Mine (available on Mac App Store, Steam)