Blizzard’s mega-popular competitive game is getting a bunch of new card and mechanics with the League of Explorers add-on.
Announced today at Blizzcon, League of Explorers brings a ton of new stuff to Hearthstone. Here’s an official rundown from Blizzard:
- New Cards: The League of Explorers contains 4 wings packed with fiendish bosses, puzzling traps, and ancient mysteries for you to discover. When you overcome a boss or an encounter for the first time, you will earn brand-new cards for your collection!
- Legendary: When you defeat all the challenges in a wing for the first time, you will be rewarded with that wing’s legendary card — for example, Elise Starseeker!
- Class Challenges: The League of Explorers also includes nine all-new class challenges that task you with using a special pre-built deck to prove your skill. Succeed, and the new class cards are yours.
- New Game Boards: Immerse yourself in the adventure with all-new playing fields!
- Meet the League: Make friends with renowned explorer and fearless dwarven historian Brann Bronzebeard and the other members of the League of Explorers: dashing treasure hunter extraordinaire Reno Jackson, brilliant night elf scholar Elise Starseeker, and gentleman (gentle-fish?) murloc adventurer Sir Finley Mrrgglton!
- New Keyword: The League of Explorers introduces a new keyword that lets you do some digging of your own: Discover! You’ll treasure the opportunity to dig up cards and select the one you need the most!
- Heroic Mode: If you’re ready for a challenge, you can try taking on the Heroic Mode version of any mission that you’ve cleared. This extra-tough game mode is designed for players eager to test their puzzle-solving skills against incredibly powerful opponents. Bring your best deck and your sharp wits.
League of Explorers hits Hearthstone later next Thursday. You can see some of the new cards in action in this excerpt from today’s Blizzcon announcement.