If you ask me they should have just re-released the amazing 1989 arcade RoboCop arcade game with character sprites from the new movie, but I'll take a free-to-play mobile shooter from Glu Mobile in a pinch.
It doesn't look too shabby, as mobile movie tie-ins go. A bit of cover shooting never hurt anyone. Well, except the folks you're shooting at, but they're not real so it's OK. I wonder if we can thank them for not smoking afterwards?
Oh look, we've got a features list:
- Shoot your way through console-quality training simulations
- Use drone strikes to take out large groups of enemies
- Save human hostages and capture informants
- Battle aggressive robot enemies from the film, like the EM-208, and the ED-209
- Upgrade your weapons and robotic suit to the latest technology that OmniCorp has to offer
- Scan your targets with body heat vision to find their location and target their weak points
In the end, this is all that really matters. You are RoboCop. Works for me.
The new RoboCop movie drops in February. The game should be out on Android and iOS this week.