Based on what we've seen of Smash Run, the recently revealed multiplayer mode in Super Smash Bros. where players traverse dungeon-like levels and collect power-ups, it looks like the 3DS-specific mode could be a blast.
The smaller details hidden in the Smash Run footage -- which GameXplain break down in the video above -- only solidify that notion. Here is some of what they notice in the Smash Run footage:
- There don't seem to be multiple maps to choose from -- the layout is always the same.
- Healing food items pop in randomly, as do enemies (and there are a ton of enemies).
- They analyse at all the enemies we see, many of which are from big Nintendo franchises like Mario, Donkey Kong and Kirby.
- They take a closer look at the items you can equip in Smash Run, which can give you special powers -- some of which belong to other characters.
- You can collect trophies while playing, though they're a mystery.
- They discuss the special reward you get when you defeat enemies, which come in bronze, silver and gold varieties.
- They talk about the items that affect your stats -- and how it seems the max you can reach is 1K.
- The different types of matches that players will battle in at the end of a Smash Run.
There's some other stuff in the video too, of course -- it's worth a watch!