Minecraft is a game we've seen countless times before. And yet! The virtual reality demo showcased by Microsoft today makes the game almost seem brand new.
You can start a new world on any surface you'd like — as you can see in the GIF above. Magical.
Here's the full demo. The amazing stuff starts at the 2:25 mark:
Some notable stuff:
- You can play Minecraft right on your wall, and then transfer it to another surface.
- You can manipulate the world using your voice and your hands. And of course, you can walk around and change your viewpoint whenever you'd like.
- You can zoom in, out, and around using your voice.
- You can raise the world and see things that are normally not visible.
- Whatever you look at? The game is aware of it. During the demo, the presenter looks at a TNT pack and tells the game to strike it with lightning. Amazing.
Contact the author at [email protected]