It’s the end of the year, which means a) oh thank God, and b) it’s award season! For the first time ever, Steam is giving out its own set of awards.
As part of the Steam Autumn Sale, which just kicked off, Valve is asking users to nominate games in a number of fairly self-explanatory categories. They are:
- The “Test of Time” Award
- The “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye” Award
- The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
- The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award
- The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award
- The “Game Within A Game” Award
- The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award
- The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award
- The “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” Award
The last one is basically a “make your own category” section. Valve plans to tally up all of those and, via some unknowable metric outside the bounds of space and time (but probably “counting”), create a final category.
You can earn and level up a special badge for nominating/reviewing games, if you’re into Steam badges.
So, what are you gonna nominate? Aside from Stardew Valley in the “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” category, I mean. That one’s a little too obvious. Unless you’re one of the 10 people on Earth who’s logged 1000+ hours into Goat Simulator, anyway.