At the start of this week the Federal Government announced that it was announcing that Australia, finally, was going to have a space agency of its own. So for this week's Off Topic, there could only be one question.
Let's name the Australian version of NASA.
If you were the Science Minister for the country, and you were reviewing or coming up with all the potential acronyms and ocker puns for our space-faring plans, what would you decide?
I did a quick poll of the office, and they came back with some, er, ideas:
- ASS (presumably Australian Space ... something)
- SpaceY (you know, like Kevin)
- ASSA (Australian Space and Science Agency?)
- Get It Up Ya Space Bureau (also known as Gee-Up)
So, go on. What would you call Australia's space agency?
Update: Some other crackers have come in from colleagues:
- Yonder Exploration Australia Headquarters (YEAH) - So that when we had a USA base we'd call it the Yonder Exploration Australia Headquarters, North American Headquarters (YEAH, NAH)
- Bureau of Australian Space Travel And Research Department (BASTARD)
- Australian Regional Space Exploration Department (ARSED)