"We’re looking for volunteer test subjects for a research experiment related to a product to be released later this year." So says official Xbox Australia blog, InsiderX. What on earth could they mean?
The post in full reads:
No joke. We’re looking for volunteer test subjects for a research experiment related to a product to be released later this year. We’re conducting an independent study during which you and the product will be evaluated formally using scientific methods in a controlled environment.
* You must be in NSW (or willing to get yourself there) * You must have a clean bill of health * You must be at least 18 * You must be available 19th April 6pm – 11pm * Previous experience playing videogames preferred
Let's do some sleuthing.
1. A product released later this year? Halo Reach? Project Natal?
2. In NSW? Well, that's where Microsoft and thus Xbox HQ is located. But that might not mean anything.
3. Clean bill of health? Perhaps you'll need to be moving around a lot... sounds like Natal to me.
4. At least 18? Sounds like there'll be alcohol present. Which doesn't sound like Natal to me.
5. Evening of April 19? This is where it gets interesting. I've been invited to a media event for an Xbox 360 game earlier that day. It's neither Natal nor Halo. (Nor Crackdown 2.) You'd have to be asleep to not work out which game I'm talking about.
6. Lastly, if you click the link to register, it asks you to "submit ten words that best describe your personality."
OK, my guess is Alan Wake. And Xbox are theming this event as some of psychological test. Curious.
Who's registering to find out?
Test Subjects Wanted [InsiderX]