Rockstar Games gave us our first look at Max Payne 3 in action today courtesy of a smart, typically Rockstar, well edited trailer. And they it dropped a little more info on the 2012 game in 140 character and less chunks.
Perhaps that Max Payne 3 trailer left you with more questions than answers. Or maybe you haven't really been paying attention to the third Max Payne game until today. Well Rockstar Games has a few clarifications about what Max's Brazilian adventure is and isn't.
Here's what they said, officially, via their Twitter account about today's trailer.
- "Yes, that is the voice of James McCaffery, original voice actor from Max Payne 1 and 2…"
- "Max Payne 3 is running on a new iteration of Rockstar's RAGE engine"
- "Today's Max Payne 3 trailer is all in-game footage "
- "Like GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 uses the Natural Motion character behaviour system for lifelike weight and movement"
- "No, Max Payne 3 is not an open world game — we're staying true to Max's roots in atmosphere, story and gameplay design"
- "Today's Max Payne 3 trailer shows a small part of Max's journey — much more info soon"
So, are we clear? Hope so.
And for what it's worth, there was one other potentially important Max Payne 3 tweet today. Matias Myllyrinne, CEO of Remedy, the developer of the first two games in the series, weighed in on the game his company is not involved in, tweeting "A big thumbs up and congrats to Rockstar on the Max Payne 3 trailer!" So consider it Myllyrinne approved!
What did you think, Kotaku readers? Interesting in Max Payne 3?