If you've played Five Night's At Freddy's (or the sequel), then you've probably heard all sorts of rumours and theories about the game. That's because there's way more going on in Five Nights at Freddy's than the game lets on.
It helps if you pay attention to all the clues and details in the background of the game, as Rusty Molboxer does in this breakdown. It might seem like grasping at straws, but we have to remember that the developer, Scott Cawthon, said that there is an explanation for why the characters are haunted -- the game just doesn't spell it out for you.
With that in mind, here's what this video talks about:
- What the posters can tell us about the animatronics, and how the establishment was closed down due to sanitary health problems
- More about the bite of 87, referenced in the first game, and what animatronic must have been responsible for it (not Foxy!)
- The oft-cited idea that Five Nights at Freddy's 2 is not a sequel, but a prequel
- Who the man that ended up killing all those children is
- If the mask you use in Freddy's 2 is actually a part of a larger costume
- How the game might be influenced by a real-life murder case in 1993
- How the fifth victim in the game might actually be Golden Freddy, who can haunt the player/might be hallucination (or hell, how the children might be haunting the animatronics, in general).
- What the message on the fifth night says -- and what it references
- What the reason for termination might say about you, the character
And since we can't talk about Five Nights theories without including the famous The Game Theorists video, here you go -- it's worth watching, if you want a closer look at the murder that may have inspired the game:
So what do you think? Are any of these theories convincing? Do you have any of your own? Let us know in the comments.