In the first five minutes of Zachtronics' Infinifactory you're abducted, scanned, fitted with a red jumpsuit, nearly sucked out of an airlock and introduced at length to your new alien overlords. Then the real fun begins.
The real fun is your new life as an engineer tasked with building assembly lines out of cubes in order to create strange objects for your new bosses on levels littered with the bodies of those who failed to do just that. Once you work out a solution, consult the histogram of your build, compare it with your friends' and see who can work the most efficiently.
It's sort of like SpaceChem in 3D, as stated by the game's Steam description.
Infinifactory is a sandbox puzzle game by Zachtronics, the creators of SpaceChem and Infiniminer. Build factories that assemble products for your alien overlords, and try not to die in the process.
- LIKE SPACECHEM… IN 3D! Design and run factories in a first-person, fully 3D environment.
- HISTOGRAMS ARE BACK! Optimise your solutions, and then optimise them more when you see how much better your friends did.
- VISIT EXOTIC ALIEN LOCALES! Explore a story-driven campaign with 30+ puzzles, audio logs, and more.
- BLOCKS THAT MOVE! Go beyond the campaign and push the limits of Infinifactory's next-generation block engine in the sandbox.
- STEAM WORKSHOP INTEGRATION! Create, share, and play custom puzzles on Steam Workshop.
Now I know the First Five is supposed to just be the first five minutes -- it says so in the little descriptor below -- but in this case I couldn't resist. Here's a couple more. Don't tell anyone.