Even if you don't care about sci-fi shooters, you might wanna look at this. What you're seeing up top is the backstory of City Interactive's (Lords of the Fallen, Sniper: Ghost Warrior) upcoming old-school style sci-fi FPS, Alien Rage.
If the two-minute movie did pique your interest, have a look at what the developers have to say about it:
Unleash a fury of powerful weapons as you blast your way through armies of Alien forces hell-bent on taking you down! Battle through 14 intense levels and prepare to face a barrage of beastly-sized bosses that will test your every skill. Each of your 10 weapons comes with two firing modes and you’ll need all of them! Battle hardened Alien forces will attack you from every direction using various flanking and attack moves. Built with powerful up-to-date graphics technology, awesome physics, destructible environments… experience a truly intense, old-school styled shooter game!
- Wide variety of Alien enemy forces including Infantry, Warriors, Flying Drones, Spiders
- Huge boss fights — Over 21 enemy types including 8 beastly-sized bosses to challenge and destroy through 14 Levels
- Strong thru-the-gun experience with 10 powerful weapons each with two firing modes
- Skill shots, head shots and shooting accuracy heavily rewarded
- Player-triggered destruction of environments and cover helps to advance through levels
- Built with powerful up-to-date graphics technology, awesome physics, destructible environments
That actually does sound pretty neat. And if City Interactive spent as much time and effort polishing the game as they did that wonderful cinematic trailer above, we might have something quite entertaining on our hands. We shall see when Alien Rage hits this Fall on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.