Live from the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport Hotel in Herndon, the Awesome Games Done Quick charity marathon has returned for 2017. Here's all the games and when they'll be played in local time.
AGDQ has become a staple in the gaming calendar for a couple of reasons. Apart from the millions that it's raised for charity over the years, it also lands just after the holidays when most people are either just coming back from their holidays or still enjoying their time off.
Charity aside, the event is also wonderfully instructive. Speedrunners will often explain the various ways they glitch and break through their games of choice, teaching spectators new ways to enjoy the games they love.
The Prevent Cancer Foundation is the beneficiary of this year's ADGQ, and at the time of writing almost $US50,000 has been donated already.
Ape Escape 2 and Undertale kicked off proceedings, with Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Quake and Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D featuring afterwards.
If you want to easily keep up with what's being streamed, there's an online calendar tool that automatically converts to your timezone. You can also import the calendar into Outlook, Gmail or your calendar app of choice, if you want to do things that way.
Alternatively, here's a list of everything being played today, as well as their scheduled times in AEDT:
- Right now: Borderlands 2 co-op
- 9:33am: Psychonauts (Any%)
- 10:40am: Shovel Knight (Any%)
- 11:42am: Mega Man (All Stages)
- 12:17pm: Super Mario Kart (Time Trial Race)
- 12:59pm: Quake (Any% Easy)
- 1:29pm: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (European Extreme)
- 3:19pm: Devil May Cry (New Game/Normal)
- 4:34pm: Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster (Wesker Mode)
- 6:00pm: Silent Hill 4: The Room (Any%)
- 7:25pm: F.E.A.R. Extraction Point (Low difficulty)
- 8:23pm: Hitman: Blood Money (PRO/SA)
- 9:13pm: The Turing Test (Any%)
- 10:08pm: Hyper Princess Pitch (Combat Lady, All Stages)
- 10:33pm: Hydra Castle Labyrinth (Any%)
- 11:18pm: Kalimba (Inner World)
- 11:48pm: New Super Hook Girl (Any%)
I'll be keen to see if anything new comes from the Quake speedrun, although watching Borderlands 2 be blitzed through in co-op is pretty entertaining.