Now that we're back from the public holiday, let's get into the exploration that really matters: Skyrim. But in VR. And the best kind of VR (you can buy today, anyway).
As of this morning, Skyrim VR has launched for Rift, Vive and Mixed Reality users. It's basically the souped-up version of the Skyrim PSVR port, supporting Oculus Touch, the Dash interface, and comes with locomotion or teleportation movement.
It's not the only thing out this week, of course: King of Fighters '97 Global Match makes a return on consoles, and the mammoth TERA MMO makes its console debut. Here's This Week in Games.
- Skyrim VR (Rift, Vive, Mixed Reality)
- TERA (PS4, XBO)
- Atelier: Lydie & Suelle - The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings (Switch)
- Minit (PC, PS4, XBO)
- Simon the Sorcerer 1/2 (PC)
- The Adventure Pals (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)
- Quadrantica (PC)
- The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1 (Switch)
- D/Generation (Switch)
- Metropolis: Lux Obscura (Switch)
- Samurai Showdown 3 NEOGEO (Switch)
- The Bunker (Switch)
- Urban Trial Playground (Switch)
So yeah, not an especially strong week. We've got plenty coming in the weeks ahead: God of War, the Switch turning into a hybrid-cardboard toy, The Fractured But Whole coming to Switch, the latest iteration of the Total War series and Yakuza 6.
But not this week. It's just good old Skyrim.