It's still July, so the amount of new releases is still at a trickle. But we've got an interesting week nonetheless: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker drops at the end, finally making its way from the Wii U, while JRPG fans will be satiated with Octopath Traveller.
If you'd like something more grim, how about a Warhammer 40,000 4X? Xbox users can just get stuck into Skaven directly with Warhammer Vermintide 2, and those who prefer a more pedestrian style of gameplay ... well, there's always a new Cricket Captain.
Here's the bulk of what's out this week.
- Octopath Traveller (Switch)
- Shining Resonance Refrain (PC, PS4, XBO)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)
- Insane Robots (PC, PS4, XBO)
- The Spectrum Retreat (PS4, XBO)
- All-Star Fruit Racing (PC, PS4)
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (XBO)
- Ice Caves of Europa (PC)
- Gekido Kintaro's Revenge (XBO)
- Earthfall (XBO)
- International Cricket Captain 2019 (PC)
- Defiance 2050 (PC)
- Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War (PC)
- Islands of Nyne (PC)
- Ball Grabbers (PC)
So, let's start with the new Warhammer game. It's a hexagonal grid, turn-based 4X affair. Rather than show you a trailer, a huge chunk of gameplay is more appropriate, so here's 90 minutes you can skip through:
Here's Captain Toad on the Switch. It runs nicely enough at 1080p.
A quick reminder, courtesy of this year's E3, about Octopath Traveller:
And here's a small segment of gameplay from The Spectrum Retreat, just to set the scene. It's a narrative driven puzzler, put simply.
Another one that stands out for battle royale fans: Islands of Nyne. It's a more futuristic-style of battle royale game; it's also very vibrant.
See anything that catches your eye this week?