We’re not far away from being drowned in major releases, but fortunately the tides are a few weeks away. But this week still has plenty of quirkier indies, extra ports for the Switch, and a bit of sci-fi strategy.
This week is headlined by the unusual re-release of FromSoftware’s mecha shooter, Metal Wolf Chaos. But I’m also keeping a cheeky eye out on Stone Story, the RPG all in ASCII art. The Switch gets one of its biggest RPGs ever this week, with Pillars of Eternity.
Elsewhere, Age of Wonders: Planetfall finally drops to fill your strategy needs. I’ve loved the series from the first Age of Wonders, so it’ll be interesting to see how it copes with the sci-fi setting.
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall (PC, PS4, XBO)
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Switch)
- Metal Wolf Chaos XD (PC, XBO)
- Stone Story RPG (PC)
- Subdivision Infinity DX (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- MineRalph (PC)
- Total War Three Kingdoms: Eight Princes (PC)
- Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition (PC)
- Wonder Blade (PC)
- Damsel (Switch, XBO)
- Wonder Boy Returns Remix (PC)
- The Forbidden Arts (Switch)
- Pillars of Eternity (Switch)
- Turok 2 (Switch)
- RaceDieRun (Switch)
- Welcome to Hanwell (Switch)
- Sudoku Universe (Switch)
We’ll start the trailers with the two Aussie titles, the 3D-space shooter Subdivision Infinity DX and Damsel. It’s a little reminiscent of some of those space shooters you’ve seen on the Switch (Manticore comes to mind).
Few interesting titles this week. Definitely keen for a new Age of Wonders, but Stone Story could be fun and Metal Wolf Chaos should provide some dumb entertainment. See anything you like, or are you clearing out the Pile of Shame this week?