Hideo Kojima’s weird baby Death Stranding is days away from release and if it’s something you’d like to experience, here are the cheapest copies in Australia.
Since reviews are now live for the game, we have a bit of a better idea about what Death Stranding actually entails. You’re Sam Porter Bridges (The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus) and you need to transport some boxes full of all sorts of things between locations in a beautiful post-apocalyptic world. You begin as a regular delivery man and then you become an expert delivery man by the end, essentially.
But a word of caution, this is a Hideo Kojima game so you know even that won’t help you prepare you for what you’re about to experience.
Ghosts, terrorists and rough terrain will try to stop you from delivering your goods and your ultimate goal of connecting a network between the remaining civilisations of the United States again. It's bold, it's innovative and, as some reviewers have said, it can be plain boring.
The title of the cheapest copy of the physical stores goes to Harvey Norman, which is selling it for $68. JB Hi-Fi and Big W are selling it for a buck more at $69 if they're in a more convenient location. With delivery, JB Hi-Fi remains the cheapest overall.
Brick and mortar stores
- Big W: $69 + $3.90 delivery
- EB Games: $99.95 + $5.95 delivery
- Dick Smith: $79 + $6.99 - $9.98 delivery
- The Gamesmen: $78 + $6.95 - $14 delivery
- Harvey Norman: $68 + $5.95 delivery
- JB Hi-Fi: $69 + $1.69 - $3.50 delivery
- Kogan: $79 + $6.99 - $9.98 delivery
Amazon is offering the cheapest copy from an online store with the physical copy costing $68 with no shipping costs.
Online only stores
- Amazon: $68 + free delivery
- Gamory: $79 + $4.95 - $7.95 delivery
- MightyApe: $75 + $5.90 - $14.49 delivery
- ozgameshop: $82.99 + free delivery
- PlayStation Store: $99.95
We wish you well on your Death Stranding journeys, wherever the hell you end up.
The review embargo for Death Stranding is finally up, which means I'm now allowed to talk about the genuinely disturbing tale of what the hell all those babies are for in Death Stranding, and how they got there in the first place.Read more