Patch notes are boring. This is known.
So I don’t know why more developers don’t do this: create a neat little video that shows all the changes an update makes in real time. Super helpful. Super useful.
It helps when an update is as expansive as this. Fallout Shelter has been a phenomenon in this office. Almost everyone here actively plays this game. Its good that Bethesda sees it as something worth investing in post-release.
I actually think we’ll see more of this sort of stuff. We’re already starting to see Fallout Shelter linked to the upcoming Fallout 4. Piper, a character in the upcoming game, has been added to Fallout Shelter. I see this sort of back and forth going on long into the lifespan of both games. Could make for some interesting stuff.
And for those of you who don’t think patch notes are boring. They are here…
Thanks to Vault-Tec, a new mode, extra tools and new features have been added to protect and perfect your Vault including:
• New Vault-Tec network protocols are finally in place. Now you can save your Vault to the “cloud,” (no moisture condenser necessary!) and continue any Vault experiment on all of your devices.
• Some Dwellers are reporting sightings of a mysterious individual in Vaults around the Wasteland. Vault-Tec is offering a bottle cap reward for any positive identification!
• Faced all the challenges the “normal” Vault simulation can provide? Introducing Survival Mode! More danger, More glory. Make Vault-Tec proud!
• New Vault-Tec directive – Dwellers have been given authorization to scavenge equipment from dead Raiders. Gear up!
• Are you an experienced Overseer who has already undergone Vault operational training? Now you can skip the tutorial!
• In an effort to assist Overseers in running their Vaults more efficiently, Vault-Tec has added a statistics page to the Vault Dweller’s Survival Guide (VDSG).
• Support added for Russian-speaking Overseers.
• Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because when you speak, Vault-Tec listens!
• Available exclusively on the App Store, all new legendary character Piper from Fallout 4 and five FREE lunchboxes!