It’s a bit of a slow one in games this week, but that doesn’t mean there still aren’t great new releases to play.
For starters, if you’ve been holding out on playing the latest Crash Bandicoot game now is the time. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is finally available on Nintendo Switch this week. Plus, if you own the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game and a next-gen console, you can upgrade to the PS5 or Xbox Series X version for free on March 12.
Also making the port to Switch is EA’s Apex Legends. In even better news, the battle royale game will feature cross-play so you can play with all your mates on PS4, Xbox and PC right from the start.
Other releases include a range of new indies on PC such as Darkened Glory, Marooned, Stronghold: Warlords and the latest game from the popular webcomic Cyanide & Happiness.
Here’s what’s coming out this week:
- Apex Legends | Switch
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time | Switch, Xbox Series X/S, PS5
- Doodle Devil: 3volution | Xbox One, Switch, PS4
- Monster Energy Supercross 4 | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, PC
- Journey of the Broken Circle | Xbox One, PS4
- SELF: Where’s my father? | Xbox One
- Heaven Dust | Xbox One
- Forza Horizon 4 | PC
- Marooned | PC
- Sky Goddess | PC
- Altarage | PC
- The Immortal | PC
- Darkened Glory | PC
- Stronghold: Warlords | PC
- Sapper – Defuse the Bomb Simulator | PC
- Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse | PC
- Pascal’s Wager: Definitive Edition | PC
- Bloodroots | PC
- Siralim Ultimate | PC
- Explorer of Yggdrasil | PC
If you need a better picture, here’s some trailers from this week’s games.
There might be fewer big releases this week, but there’s still a lot to love here. Journey of the Broken Circle coming to consoles looks like one to check out. The trailer is super wholesome and it has very positive reviews, so that could be worth a look.
Personally, I’m keen to check out the Crash Bandicoot 4 next-gen upgrade just to see how it compares to older consoles. The trailer plugged a bunch of cool features that I’m eager to see in action. Hopefully, none of them will make the game any harder than it already is.