We’ve had a nice cool down period since 2020’s shopping season, but this year’s major shopping events have been slowly ramping up. That means Amazon Prime Day 2021, and all the huge deals and big bargains it’ll bring, is already here before we had a chance to take a breath.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is running Australian deals until 11:59pm AEST, June 22, with global deals running until 5pm on June 23. If you’re only just catching up to speed, here’s what you’ve missed so far:
- These Are The Best LEGO Deals From Amazon Prime Day
- Sony’s XM3 Noise-Cancelling Headphones Are $239 Right Now But Not For Long
- Be Quick If You Want $120 Off A Nintendo Switch
- Increase Your Switch’s Storage For A Killer Bargain Right Now
- There’s Some Killer Board Game Deals For Amazon Prime Day This Year
- The Best Nintendo Switch Deals From Amazon Prime Day
- The Best Xbox Bargains From Amazon Prime Day
- The Best PS4 And PS5 Deals From Amazon Prime Day
- Give Your PC The Upgrade It’s Been Waiting For This Amazon Prime Day
What deals are on for Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Ahead of the sale kicking off, the following deals have been announced:
- Nintendo Switch Console: This deal takes $121.95 off the RRP.
- Amazon: You can save up to 50% off select Amazon Echo devices, including Echo Dot (4th Gen) and Echo Show 8 (1st Gen). The all-new Fire TV Stick 4K is also available for the lowest ever price.
- ASUS: Save up on select laptops, along with up to 30% off select networking devices.
- Dell: Save on select laptops and monitors.
- Lenovo: Save on select laptops, tablets, monitors, and accessories.
- Nanoleaf: There’s 25% off all Nanoleaf Shapes starter kits and expansion packs, along with the Essentials smart bulbs and lightstrips.
- SanDisk: Save up to 36% off RRP on select devices.
- Sony: Save on the excellent WH-1000XM3 headphones, along with select bluetooth speakers, soundbars and more.
If you’re gaming is a bit more PC-centric, Amazon Prime Day is also a great opportunity to pick up some parts and accessories for your rig. So if you’re in the market for a new computer monitor or gaming keyboard, this could be the opportunity to get the peripheral you need while saving yourself a few dollars.
Amazon will also be running lightning deals on the day, which offer massive discounts on certain products. You’ll want to be fast, because these deals have limited stock and are only available for a limited time. So once they sell out or the clock hits zero, they’re gone. Today this includes the Nintendo Switch Console for $121.95 off.
Will there be PS5 and Xbox deals on Prime Day?
Considering how little restock there’ been for this new generation of consoles in Australia, it seems unlikely we’ll see Prime Day sales for the disc and digital editions of the PS5. The same can be said for the Xbox Series X and S.
However, it’s probably not a stretch to suggest we’ll see a few deals related to games or accessories, like controllers and charging docks.
We’ll be updating this article when we have more information about Prime Day. In the meantime, if you’re hungry for a bargain, you can check out Amazon’s daily deals page or Kotaku’s frequently updated list gaming deals.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Amazon has recently announced that Prime Day 2021 will be officially kicking off at 12am AEST, June 21 in Australia, and will run until 11.59pm AEST, June 22. However, since Prime Day is a global event, Aussie shoppers will still be able to snag a few deals from the international Amazon branches up until 5pm AEST June 23.
All up, Prime Day 2021 will last for 65 hours.
Don’t forget your Prime membership
To get any of the deals on Prime Day you’ll need an active Amazon Prime membership. Amazon currently offers a free 30-day trial for Prime, which you cancel anytime. So with some strategic timing, you can take advantage of these huge deals and discounts, without having having to pay for a membership.
Follow Kotaku Australia’s coverage of the best Amazon Prime Day 2021 deals here.