Amazon Prime Day is back, baby. The massive online shopping event kicked off yesterday morning and is set to run until midnight tonight, 13 July.
There’s an overwhelming amount of deals available at the moment. To help you cut through the noise and get right to the good stuff, we’ve gone ahead and sorted through everything already.
Here are some of the best gaming, PC and tech that you can currently grab for Amazon Prime Day 2022.
Also, most of these deals are only available to Prime members, so make sure you’ve signed up for a membership beforehand.
Check out more Prime Day roundups below:
- Best Nintendo Switch deals
- Best PS4 and PS5 deals
- Best Xbox deals
- Best PC deals
- Best board game deals
- Best LEGO deals
- Meta Quest 2 deals
Table of Contents
The best deals for Amazon Prime Day 2022
Best Prime Day deals for gaming
- Thrustmaster: Save on select accessories, including racing wheels and flight sticks
- Xbox: Save on select Xbox games
Best Prime Day deals for PC
- ACER: Save on select monitors and laptops
- ASUS: Save up to 30% off select networking devices
- Brother: Save on select printers and toner cartridges
- Corsair: Save on select gaming peripherals, including keyboards, mice and mouse pads. You can also save on select PC components
- DELL: Save on select monitors and laptops
- Elgato: Save up to 41% off select streaming equipment
- EPOS: Save on select gaming headsets
- HP: Save on select laptops and printers
- HyperX: Save on select gaming gear, along with up to 50% off select headsets and microphones
- Lenovo: Save on select monitors and accessories
- LG: Save up to 30% off select UltraWide monitors
- MSI: Save on select PCs
- Netgear: Save on select routers and networking devices
- Razer: Save up to $179 off select gaming gear
- Redragon: Save on select keyboards and mice
- Samsung: Save on select monitors and memory devices
- SteelSeries: Save on select gaming gear
- Thermaltake: Save on select PC components
- TP Link: Save on select networking devices
Best Prime Day deals for TVs and entertainment
- Bose: Save up to 40% off select speakers and soundbars
- Edifier: Save on select speakers and home audio
- JMGO: Save up to $600 off select projectors
- Panasonic: Save on select home entertainment, headphones, phones, and more
- Philips: Save up to 44% off select 4K OLED and LED TVs
- Soniq: Save on select TVs and accessories
- Sony: Save up to 39% off select Bravia 4K TVs
- Ultimate Ears: Save on select UE speakers
- Yamaha: Save on select audio, including soundbars, speakers and turntables, along with up to 47% off home theatre bundles
Best Prime Day deals for smart home devices
- Google Chromecast 3rd Gen – now $39 (down from $59)
- LIFX: Save on select smart bulbs and light strips
- Meross: Save on select smart home devices, including bulbs and plugs
- Nanoleaf: Save up to 40% off Nanoleaf smart lights, including starter kits for Shapes and Lines
- Philips Hue: Save on select Philips Hue smart lights
- TP Link: Save on select smart home devices
What is Amazon Prime Day 2022 and when is it?
Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event that gives Aussies the chance to shop thousands of juicy deals on tech, gaming, homewares and more.
This year, Amazon Prime Day 2022 will kick off at 12am (AEST) on July 12 and run until 11:59pm, July 13. That gives you just 48 hours to snap a red hot local deal, while UK and US deals will be available from the Amazon Global Store until 5pm (AEST) on July 14. Ultimately, that means Prime members will have a whopping 65 hours to nab a sweet, sweet bargain.
This epic sales event promises must-have deals across every category from top brands, including Apple, Bose, LEGO, Lenovo, Nintendo, Oculus and Samsung with more deals than ever before.
Amazon Australia will most likely run its Lightning Deals again during the day, which will offer massive discounts on select products. You’ll want to be faster than Sonic, because these deals have limited stock and are only available for a limited time. So once they sell out or the clock hits zero, they’ll be goneskies.
Do I have to be an Amazon Prime member to grab Prime Day deals?
Yes, you do need to be an Amazon Prime member to score a deal on the day.
If the fear of missing out is hitting you hard right now, don’t fret because those new to Amazon Prime can take part in a 30-day free trial during the big sales event to gain access to all of the day’s exclusive deals. We recommend waiting until the day gets a little closer before joining.
But if you used your free trial last year and want to sign back up, then you’ll need to pay $6.99 a month. Considering that you’ll likely save more than that once the sales begin, we don’t reckon that’s a big loss. If you manage to save $100 off a Switch OLED or 50% off a PS5 game, that $6.99 will look small in comparison.
Besides, if you don’t want to keep paying the $6.99/mo then you can always cancel your membership after Amazon Prime Day 2022 ends.
Although, there are a bunch of perks that come with an Amazon Prime membership, including free delivery on eligible items, access to Prime Video with heaps of exclusive shows and movies, ad-free listening to Amazon Music Prime and Prime Gaming. A much better deal than the 1,000,000 bell mortgage Tom Nook will trap you in, that’s for sure.
You can follow Kotaku Australia’s coverage of the best Prime Day 2022 deals here.